Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Declutter Challenge... and we're off!!!

Well so far my de-clutter challenge has gotten off to a great start.



This is a photo of just some of the items I have decided need to go to a new home.

Some of these items have been lucky enough to go to a new home already, as they were snapped up by members from Freecycle. It felt great everytime my doorbell rang and someone took yet another bag of stuff away! 

The rest of the items are either waiting to be collected, or will be donated to charity. There is even more items in the box in my walk-in-robe which are ready to find a new home, but I didn't count them in this challenge as I had already set them aside as things to get rid of.

Hubby was a bit funny about me getting rid of all this stuff (even though it is pretty much all my things). He made the comment "just don't get rid of TOO much stuff. Don't forget, we have paid for it so it would be a waste of money". To which I answered "what difference does it make? If its not being used or is no longer needed, its a waste of money anyway. I might as well give it away to someone who WILL use it!"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)