Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Turning off the computer... things GET done!

Well, this is the first time in DAYS that I have turned on my computer. I have become conscious of the amount of time I was spending on the computer... just wasting the day away. Precious time I could be spending with my children, husband, friends. Precious time I could be using to complete those 60 tasks I want to complete by 11/11/2011... and of course doing the usual mundane things like housework... but those are the things which tend to slip further and further behind when the computer gets switched on.

The first couple of days it was really hard NOT to turn the computer on - very much like breaking a bad habit. After the first couple of days however, it was much easier and I realised that I didn't really need to go on.

The only exception was Wednesday night when I turned on my computer so that I could talk to my sister (who is currently living in the UK) via Skype. Other than that, I haven't been on at all.

Its actually been quite liberating to realise that I do not need to check Facebook on an hourly or even daily basis to see what my friends are having for dinner, or how many loads of washing they have done today - really - who cares?

In fact, since doing my 'switch off', I have learnt to knit! This is one of the things I had on my list of things to do. I actually really enjoy it and for the first time in decades I can actually say that I have hobby! It's nice to have something I can actually do for myself as pretty much everything else I do is for my family. I am a mother and a wife - and its too easy to forget that I am also 'me' as well.

Having said that, I am now about to once again 'switch off' from the world, and go and play with my children... and who knows what else I may achieve without the distractions of cyberspace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)