Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our vesicostomy journey is coming to an end - YIPPEEEE

A few nights ago, when I changed Ebony's nappy, she was wet down the bottom (where wee is supposed to come) and only a little wet where her vesicostomy is... which is a sign that the bladder is starting to function properly on its own again! I was soooooo excited! I was doing a happy dance around the house!


I took Ebony to see Professor Dewan (her Urologist) today and told him that she had the wet nappy the other night where its supposed to be wet, and he was just as happy about it as me!

He said that this means he can now close her vesicostomy as it means that her bladder has started working on its own again.

We have to go back and see him at his clinic in Geelong on 15 October so that we can go about organising getting her booked into hospital so that he can perform the surgery to reverse the vesicostomy, and also do the bilateral ureteric reimplantation.

He originally told me before she had her vesicostomy operation that once she was old enough, it could be reversed and I would have to catheterise her myself 4 times a day to drain her bladder manually. However, when I asked him about it today he said that as long as everything goes well, I shouldn't have to do that now because the bladder is now starting to work on its own again.

YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boogie I'm sooooooo happy!!!




1 comments:

Cathy said...

I just got a google alert on my computer to your blog. I am so glad for Ebony and your family that her bladder is working again. I have only read your latest entry so I don't know what started her urinary issues.
My daughter, Annabel is 5 years old. She had a bilateral ureteral reimplantations done when she was 16 months old. She was in Gr. 5 reflux and now doesn't show sign of any urinary reflux. I have had to cath her sometimes up to every 3 hours. She has neurogenic bladder/bowel. She has had two dilations to help the flow of her urine. Annabel was born with full Trisomy 18. Annabel's site is www.annabelgrace.blogspot.com
I will continue to read more about your family and what lead to the vesicostomy.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)