Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Getting the creative juices flowing...

I devised a schedule for the household about 12 months ago. I've tried on and off to implement it and know that it does work, however, I've always ended up getting slack, and it all goes out the window.


For the last few weeks however, the whole family has been following the schedule and I'm finding life is much easier. I'm even finding time to do little things like reading and knitting, which I haven't done either of for a very long time as I'm always really tired.


I'm really enjoying that I am now finding a little bit of time for myself each day to do things that I would like to do... for myself, not for anyone else! I'm also finding that I'm not as stressed and am enjoying more quality time with my husband and children, so everybody wins!!!


So to help keep the schedule as a focus in the home, I decided it was time to update the schedule board as it was looking pretty ordinary... and now that I've been finding some spare time, what better time to be a little creative!


So armed with a tin of black paint which was lurking in the garage, a paintbrush, and some rather gorgeous wrapping paper, I set to work...


This is the BEFORE...


and this is AFTER...
 

I was so impressed with the amount of difference a lick of paint can make, that I even spruced up a few plain old photo frames with a coat of the black paint too! Not bad for an afternoons work!!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)