Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Join with me and embrace your inner Vintage Housekeeper!!!

With thanks to the wonderful Alison May from the site Brocante Home, I am happy to say that I'm....


Since discovering this site, I have found the courage to be able to embrace the vintage housekeeper who has always dwelled deep inside of me, but was too embarrassed to show herself in public for fear of being ridiculed.

Well NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!

I will wear my apron, and my pretty vintage dresses in public (although I may leave the apron wearing for inside the house!)

I will no longer save my perfume for special occasions, but will lovingly apply it everyday, as everyday has the potential to be a special.

I will not be embarrassed to admit that my home contains a real china teapot, with matching sugar pot and milk jug, and doilies and all sorts of other pretty little knick knacks which remind me of wonderful afternoons spent with my Nanny. 

Nor will I be embarrassed to admit that yes, I do knit (even if I am only a beginner) and that I love to bake biscuits and cakes and lots of other scrumptious treats for my loved ones.

So, if you too feel as if you were born in the wrong era, and long to live your life as your mother or grandmother did, then join with me and be brave and shout out loud and proud....

"I'M A VINTAGE HOUSEKEEPER AND I LOVE MY LIFE!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)