Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

School holidays....


Well, Jack is on school holidays now for the next two weeks so now comes the challenge of trying to keep both him and Ebony amused, and therefore not trying to kill each other!

Day 1 - Jack woke up at 7.30am and within 15 minutes had already asked if he could play on the Nintendo Wii. When I told him "no", he responded with "what about my D.S?". When that requested was also greeted with a resounding "NO!" he asked the inevitable..."why?"

I told him that it was not even 8am, he was still in his PJ's and hadn't even had breakfast! Besides that, there was plenty of time for him to be able to play on the Nintendo during the next two weeks, and he better not think that he is going to be spending the entire holidays playing computer games!

He sulked off, and eventually went and got dressed and made himself some breakfast.

An hour later (at 8.45am) he sulked up to me once again, this time declaring the infamous words that all mothers dread when it comes to school holidays...

"I'M BORED!"

You can imagine how thrilled I was to hear this! 8.45am on the first day of school holidays and already the "I'm bored" syndrome has kicked in... YIPPEEE!!! 

Is this a sign of things to come? I seriously hope not... otherwise I may need to drag out my pink diamonte encrusted straight jacket from the depths of my wardrobe, find a nice quiet corner somewhere, curl up into the foetal position, hands over my ears, and start singing "LA LA LA LA" at the top of my lungs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)