Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainy Day Fun

Whilst sitting at the dining table this morning with my husband Tim, enjoying a lovely cup of tea, we started discussing how families these days do not seem to really spend quality time together anymore. 

Gone are the days when families used to sit around together doing simple things like playing board games and doing puzzles, and enjoying bike rides and picnics in the park. These days, children are more preoccupied with the modern technologies of computer games and DVD's, and the sad thing is, that as parents we allow this to happen.

I, myself, am definately guilty of this. It is too easy to turn the TV on to ABC Kids and allow my 2 year old, Ebony, to soak up the day watching Playschool and The Wiggles. As for my son Jack... if he gets onto his Nintendo DS or the Wii, it is a nightmare trying to talk to him or get him to do anything as he gets complete tunnel vision. The same happens when the TV is on.

Since Melody was born, Ebony has become a little more demanding. She constantly begs for my attention, which is understandable.

After our discussion, we both agreed that we would like to spend more quality time with the children, doing family things, rather than leaving them to their own devices all the time.

 










We spent the morning by switching of the TV, leaving the computer turned off and simply playing Playdoh with Ebony. At first, Tim said "I don't play with Playdoh" but he soon changed his mind and was having just as much fun as Ebony was!

Tim and I then did some cooking together in the kitchen (something which NEVER happens!). We made doughnuts and in the spirit of Anzac Day, some Anzac biscuits. We were both surprised by how simple and easy it is to make doughnuts. We made about 16 of them and it took very little time or effort!

After lunch, we played 'Hide and Seek' with Ebony, and sat down and did some puzzles with her. You could see that she was really enjoying spending this quality time with us, and we enjoyed it too!

Speaking of which, I am now about to turn my computer off, and join her at the dining table and do some colouring in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)