Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time for a fresh start...

Well, I am embarrassed to say that my last attempt at blogging was... well.. pathetic to say the least so I have vowed to start afresh and begin again.

Since I last blogged back in March last year, we have been blessed with a new baby girl whom we named Melody.

Since Melody's arrival almost 3 months ago, life has taken a bit of getting used to and adjusting to try and maintain a happy household with 3 young children. The biggest challenge I have found has been trying to stay organised... which seems to be the key to making sure the day runs smoothly.

I generally get up at 6am and try and get as much done as I can in the morning whilst the 2 youngest are still sleeping. My son usually gets up at about 6.30am and luckily pretty much gets himself organised ready for school.

Things I try to have done by 8am (the time we leave to take him to school) is:
  • Make all the beds (although Jack now makes his own)
  • Unpack the dishwasher/put away dry dishes
  • Feed all the animals
  • Get meat out ready for dinner
  • Wipe down the bathroom, and swish and swipe the toilet
  • Put on a load of washing if necessary (which is pretty much a daily thing these days!)
  • Get the 2 youngest girls up and dressed, and fed
  • Check what bills need to be paid and pay them

I find that if I can get the majority of these things done first thing in the morning, I don't feel so bad if I have a rough day with Melody and nothing much else gets done!

Other things I do throughout the day to try and help out with the evening mad-rush is:
  • Make Tim and Jack's lunches for the next day at the same time that I am making my own and Ebony's lunch for that day
  • Try and organise dinner (ie prepare veggies, put on slow cooker etc) so that cooking dinner in the evening is much quicker and simpler
  • Load the dishwasher as things get dirty, or if I'm doing baking etc, wash them by hand as I go.

I've also found that leaving the house 10 minutes earlier than I used to is the best way to ensure I get to places on time - since it now takes a lot longer to get all the kids in and out of the car everytime we go out!

This is very much a work in progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)