Let me introduce myself...

My photo
I'm a stay at home mother to 3 beautiful children who provide my with a great deal of joy, and I have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide for us. Life with 3 young children can be very chaotic and stressful at times. However, I have found that with a little (or a lot) or planning and organization, life can be a lot simpler and happier. I like to refer to this as 'organized chaos!' So now that we're acquainted, why don't you make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, relax and sit down and browse through my blog. Please feel free to drop me a line :)

Friday, April 23, 2010

Sorting Out Those Washing Day Blues...


To save time and energy when hanging out the washing, I have come up with the following system which I find works really well:
  • I hang each persons washing on a separate section of the hills hoist. For example, all my son's washing goes on one side, my daughters on another etc. The same with towels and sheets
  • When it comes time to bring the washing in, I fold the washing from one section of the hills hoist at a time, and place them into separate baskets (ie use one basket for my son, one for my daughter, one for my husband and I, one for towels etc)
  • Once the washing is folded and in separate baskets, it is easier to put away as each basket goes to the appropriate room which saves having to sort everything out again once the washing makes it inside.
I no longer dread washing day as I find this method has halved the amount of time I spend doing the washing as I am no longer double handling everything. 

It has made life so much simpler and leaves me with more time to do the things I would much rather be doing... like spending quality time with my family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, suggestion or tip of your own :)